Save Space for Life with Business Storage
By storing excess inventory, office equipment, and other business items in a secured self-storage unit, you free up space for moneymaking activities and provide room for future business growth. At Value Store It, you can rent storage units in all sizes for your business storage needs. We offer standard units (which are garage-type units and are not air conditioned) or climate-controlled units. Please specify which type of unit you require when you select your unit.
Tips for Business Storage
- Most retail business inventory should be stored in climate-controlled self-storage units to prevent damage and protect your business investments
- Construction supplies, warehouse equipment, and excess business supplies are more conveniently stored in drive-up storage units, so select these units when possible
- Business papers, documents, and files can be damaged by humidity and temperature changes, so protect these items in climate controlled storage
- A rental fee for self-storage is usually a tax deductible business expense (check with your accountant for more information)
- Shifting inventory from one unit to another can be time consuming, so businesses often rent a slightly larger unit than they currently need to accommodate storage needs in the next 3-6 months
- Opting for a Value Protection plan (starting at just $10/month) is advisable for business inventory storage
- If you are interested in converting business hardcopy files over to digital files and storing them securely, click here to learn more about our comprehensive Document Management & Secure Document Storage solutions
Selecting a Storage Unit for Business Storage
When you are choosing which storage unit to rent for your business, think about how often you’ll need to visit your storage unit. Storage units located next to parking lots and elevators are a good choice for people who are operating ecommerce stores and will need to access inventory on a daily basis. If you’re storing construction equipment, you’ll need drive up access.
Drive Up Units
Many of our locations offer drive up self-storage units, for the convenience of business customers loading and unloading frequently. You can find drive up units available at these locations:
Free Truck Rental With Move In
Do you need a moving van to get your business inventory moved in? You can get a free 4-hour rental on a moving van when you move into your new unit (available at select locations).