College Storage Units in Miami, FL
There are three common occasions or situations in which college students like to rent out storage units:
- Summer vacation: If your home town is across the state or even farther, and you’re going home for the summer, it’s convenient to leave your stuff in a college storage unit in Miami for the summer.
- Storing seasonal items: In a cramped dorm room, you might want to get your skis, coats, and other winter gear out of the way and into storage when it warms up—and the same for your summer things during the winter.
- Traveling or interning: You might need to leave college for a bit while you take advantage of a travel opportunity or an internship, and it could be easiest to leave many of your things in storage while you’re gone.
Furniture, seasonal clothes, books, and other possessions are perfect for a storage unit right near your college, either when you’re away from college for a month or three or when you just need more space for you and a roommate.
It can be hard to move your stuff a long distance every summer! Imagine how much easier a storage unit could make it. It could offer you better:
- Prices: It can get costly to move large items in a moving truck every single summer, and renting a storage unit by the month can be comparably priced or cheaper.
- Time and Convenience: You could save a lot of time moving your large items quickly across town instead of across the state or country twice per summer.
- Protection: We offer you a protection plan that covers your possessions against losses.
What Is the Best Sized Unit for College Students?
If you just have a TV, bookcase, bed, chair, desk, and some boxes, you could use one of our smallest college storage units in Miami. Your unit size options can include:
- 4 feet by 4 feet
- 4 feet by 6 feet
- 5 feet by 5 feet
- 5 feet by 10 feet
Of course, we have much larger units, but we’ve found that these closet-sized spaces are perfect for many college students. Small units are easier on your budget too. By the way, you can rent them by the month, instead of signing a long-term lease.
These units also feature climate control to protect your electronics, clothes, books, and furniture from humidity while you’re away. Plus, they have convenient high ceilings, allowing storage of more items, which you can stack up. You may be able to turn a bed or couch on its side and take advantage of that ceiling.
College Storage Facility in Florida and Massachusetts
If you’re going abroad or doing an internship for a semester, you need a secure spot to store your belongings. At Value Store It, you can rent the storage space you need today at an affordable price. Value Store It in Florida and Massachusetts offers college storage solutions to fit all your storage needs, whether you are storing spare furniture or personal items.
College Storage Tips
- Reserve a storage unit in advance, particularly if you’re looking for short-term storage during peak season (April – September).
- Pick the right-sized unit. Use this Interactive Size Guide.
- Make sure you aren’t signing a long-term contract (Value Store It offers month-to-month rentals).
- Label boxes well so you can easily find things when you need them.
- If you need an in-state address for mail, get a PO Box at our Miami facility on 9101 NW 7th Ave.
- Vehicle storage is available at many of our locations.
- Don’t store food or other perishables in a self-storage unit, as these items will be damaged and they attract pests. Indoor wine storage and cold-storage units are available for these items at our Pompano Beach location.
Why Value Store It?
Value Store It keeps your belongings secure with state-of-the-art security. We’re open 7 days a week 24/7, so you can move in and out anytime. We also offer free moving truck rental with move-in, at select locations.
If you’re a student in Miami and need to leave college for an extended break, an internship, or a travel opportunity, contact Value Store It today to ask about college storage units in Miami, or surf our available units and locations online.